Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Day I Climbed I Shawn Marion's Bathtub


Mavs forward Shawn Marion was so gracious and opened his beautiful Preston Hollow home to our cameras to broadcast our Fan Sports Show live Monday night.  This meant a live truck, two photographers and a slew of lighting equipment and cables in his foyer to transmit our show from his home.


We also wanted to give viewers a glimpse of the estate.  It's a new Mediterranean home with an elegant kitchen and fabulous gameroom all decorated in a contemporary vibe.  Think Italian wood cabinets, gleaming marble floors and luxuriously thick carpets.

We started shooting our tour right after 6pm which didn't give us a lot of time to edit it for our 630pm broadcast.  We decided to shoot it as a "look-live", meaning minimal edits and no "take 2's".  We had to slam this thing together quickly.

We could have spent an entire day highlighting his home but for brevity sake, we focused on his office, gameroom, bathroom and closet.  It's the bathroom encounter that has me wondering if I'll ever get invited into anyone's house again.

Full disclosure: my mother sells luxury homes, ranches, estates and castles.  I grew up visiting ridiculously amazing homes from Montecito to Monte Carlo as well as Marion's current neighborhood.  I know more about real estate than just about anything else and have seen my fair share of residential fabulocity.

Long story short, I made a fool out of myself when I saw the size of Marion's tub.  Flat out fool.  See for yourself here.  Watch his reaction to me climbing in it.  It's as if he's thinking "she did NOT just climb in my bathtub!!!"

Yes, I did.

Bless him for his hospitality and warmth.  He was such a wonderful sport.  After watching that, I am surprised we didn't get the boot.  Or Clorox bleach dowsed on me right then and there. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gina Miller's Sports Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig