Sunday, March 30, 2014

Catching Up With Former Cowboys CB Mo Claiborne

Morris Claiborne

Mo Claiborne knows what you're thinking.

"I’m that guy they traded up to get," the Cowboys cornerback told me one afternoon while unpacking furniture and boxes at his new home.

"I’m still that guy.  I plan on showing it this year."


If you're a Cowboys fan, you know Claiborne's story: Dallas traded up to select the LSU cornerback with the 6th pick in the 2012 draft.  He's had an injury plagued career, missing six games last season because of a hamstring injury before losing his starting job to Orlando Scandrick.

Through 25 NFL games, he has posted 81 tackles and two interceptions, far below the expectations of #6 pick. Perhaps more importantly, they're far below his.  When I asked him assessment of his first two NFL seasons, he didn't hesitate.

"Not good at all," he admitted.

"I don’t feel like I had the best two years when I thought I was gonna come in and tear it up.  You know that wasn’t the case.  The last two years haven’t been the best years for me."


Claiborne is vowing to change that.  The 24-year old hopes to put down roots in DFW for years to come and be a vital component of the Cowboys defense.  He recently bought a Dallas-area home, relatively close to both the Cowboys current Valley Ranch headquarters and as well as their future headquarters in Frisco.  He's currently spending his days rehabbing his surgically repaired left shoulder, arriving at the Cowboys training room at 9am five days a week.

Learn more about Morris Claiborne as he takes your questions in our Dallas Cowboys TwitterView.


Check out more TwitterViews with Gavin Escobar, Jeff Heath and Phillip Tanner on my YouTube channel.

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gina Miller's Sports Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig