Monday, March 10, 2014

What To Wear To A Dallas Mavericks Game

If there is one thing I'm asked about more than anything it's about what to wear to a game, golf tournament or any other random sporting event.


Case in point: this text message exchange from a friend going to the Mavs/Pacers game Sunday.

Turns out, I went with another set of friends, as well.  It was the first time in more than a year I had the chance to experience a basketball game as a fan.  That meant taking a different approach to dressing for the game than I had if I was covering it.
So with 18 games left in the regular season and Dallas hosting the Celtics in its next home game on Monday, March 17th, here is some guidance to help you solve the ever elusive fashion conundrum:
How to look stylish yet appropriate for a spring Mavs game.

Footwear First 
So many things come to in to play when going to a sporting event but one of the first things you should take into consideration is your footwear.  Will you be walking a mile to the arena and traipsing all over it once you're inside? In our case Sunday, we met at St. Anne's and made the half-mile walk to the American Airlines Center.

Burberry Erroll Sandal
I normally wear heels but when I am walking distances like this, I make sure to sport sturdy ones like the Burberry Erroll heeled sandals I wore Sunday.  They have a small platform for more support.  I scored them at the Burberry outlet in Round Rock for $70!  Here is another, classic timeless version.  At $485, they're an investment but will last forever.

Wedge shoes or boots, if it's chillier, are great options.  I think these Tory Burch wedges are versatilely perfect.

Weather the Weather

Dressing for the weather is so important.  Spring time in Dallas can lead to a range of temperatures.  Couple that with how difficult it is to predict the temperature inside the AAC and I suggest always dressing in layers.

Sunday I wore a Tarte tank top that I bought on sale for $30 (similar one on sale for $39.99 here) and paired it with a white linen jacket by Miilla (here's a cute version from Joie) over a pair of Citizens for Humanity slim, boot cut jeans.  When we walked back to St. Anne's after the game, I was burning up.  So I was able to take off the jacket and still be comfortable. 



A cute, ladies cut Mavericks T-Shirt like this one would also look good underneath a jacket.

The Takeway
The great thing about a Mavs game is that you can dress up for the part.  Have fun with what you wear but be sure to wear comfortable shoes.  Trust me on this!  You want to be cheering for your favorite team, not complaining of blisters that develop from logging steps to your seats.

Get the Look


Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gina Miller's Sports Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig